Search for a story:
News - Date: 24 November 2006
Written by: Wilson Dzebu / Viewed: 2376
The Thohoyandou Magistrate’s Court nearly turned into a circus on Thursday last week, when suspected serial killer Mukosi Mulaudzi (42) claimed that he was promised R100 000 to admit that he was involved several murder cases, including those of Ndivhuwo Tshilimandila (19), Nyadzeni Sivhugwana (14), Shumani Sivhugwana (10) and Lavhelesani Sivhugwana (7) of Tshivhiludulu village in August this year.
Mukosi told the fully packed court: "I never did it. A member of the SAPS promised me R100 000 and phone card vouchers to admit to the murders. I am now spilling the beans because the promise never materialized."
"You must tell this either to the investigating officer or your legal representative," said Magistrate Jonathan Rapudi, when postponing the matter to the 20th February next year for further hearing.
On the previous day, Mukosi appeared at the Dzanani Magistrate’s court and his case was postponed to the 23rd of January next year. In both appearances he appeared with Avhapfani Mulaudzi, Munyadziwa Maligana and his wife, Takalani Nethengwe. Nethengwe appeared on charges of being in possession of stolen goods belonging to Mulaudzi’s victims.
Mulaudzi is regarded as a extremely dangerous criminal who escaped from the Baviaanspoort Prison, near Pretoria, ten years ago while serving two life sentences for double murder. He has been on the run from the police since 1996. From 1996 to date, he is believed to have been involved in more than 10 murder cases in the Vhembe District. He also has to answer to several charges ranging from rape, armed robbery and attempted murder.
Mukosi threatened prison officials and the police that he would escape if they did not tighten security around him. Heavily armed prison official and police were deployed around the court during his appearance. He immediately covered his face with his hands when he was whisked away to a special security vehicle that took him back to the prison.